Winch Out Service
If you live in Nashville, TN, you know that spring rains mean canceled baseball games and cars stuck in the mud. While R1 Towing can't help your baseball game, we can get your vehicle unstuck with our Nashville winch out service.
Look, there are two kinds of drivers. Those who intentionally drive off-road and drivers who unintentionally wind up off-road. R1 Towing is here to help with both scenarios.
Whether by accident or not, when you take your car off-road, chances are you will be stuck in the sand, water, slimy mud, dirt, loose gravel, or even a gnarly ole ditch. But, in most cases, your car or truck will still mechanically run fine.
Most likely, you don't need your vehicle towed anywhere, but you just need a little help to get back on the road. This is where you would need winching services from a good towing company.
Winch-out services can be some of the most complicated and most difficult to do right, and it may take more than one type of vehicle from our towing fleet to do the job right. Since these kinds of things can happen anytime, how we handle each winch-out will depend on the unique situation.
- Berry Hill
- Nashville International Airport
- Oak Hill
- Downtown Nashville
- South Nashville
Check the damage to your car and figure out where you are, and take the following steps:
- Now I know you know very well from past experience that it's better for your blood pressure if you try not to worry if you wind up getting stuck in the mud or snow. So the number 1 rule...stay calm. Flip on the hazard lights. Get out of the car carefully, check for traffic, and look at the damage.
- Look around to see if there is any traction you can use to your advantage, and make sure your car isn't going to hit any other vehicles. Lastly, look around for clues about where you are so you can give R1 Towing driving directions to your car.
How to get your car or truck out of the ditch..... by yourself: what to do and what not to do
- Even though your first thought might be to hit the gas and try to get out, please don't do that. This can put you and your car in more danger and ultimately make the situation worse.
- While the following is a 50/50 chance of success, you can wedge your car mats under the tires to give you some dry traction. This will only work as long as your vehicle can move at least a couple inches. Next, gently press the gas pedal to see if the tires move onto the car mats. If the preceding steps did not help, you're most likely stuck. Bummer...I know.
- We deal with car accidents daily, so we know the best way to remove a stuck car on the roads & Interstates of Nashville. Calling R1 Towing towing company for your winch out is the quickest way to get your car out of a ditch, soft yard, or scenarios listed above.
Some of the most important things you'll need to make a winch-out company service you properly are:
We need to know the location of you and your car along with
the year, make, and model of the vehicle, whether it's full or not, and a current description such as color, etc
If the car does need to be towed after recovery, we will need to know the destination address.
Our phone conversation will help us determine which tow truck or multiple towing trucks to dispatch out to your location.
DIFFERENT KINDS OF WINCHING AND PULLING SERVICES
Our tow trucks are set up to winch out light, medium, and heavy-duty vehicles, Semi, Tractor Trailers, and large equipment. And we offer winch-out services for the following situations:
Ditch Recovery, Overturned Vehicles, Loss of Traction, and Other Off-Road Situations
Driveways that are too steep
HEAVY-DUTY WINCH OUT SERVICES
Here at R1 Towing, we've helped individuals get out of some of the hardest winch-out predicaments in Nashville. If you want to know the truth, We've seen just about everything, from cars that skirt off the sides of cliffs to fully loaded tractor-trailers jack-knifed off of I-65. Our heavy-duty Peterbilt, including our 75-ton rotator, can handle any off-road situation that needs a professional winch-out and tow. Don't be afraid to call us in any emergency for help the next time you find yourself in a jam.
Check out all our towing truck services here.